Search

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Hyper-V 2012 - Best freebie in a while

If you are looking for a free hypervisor platform then I strongly suggest you take a look at Microsoft's Hyper-V 2012. I've been using VmWare Esxi for the last few years and although it has served me fine, the speed improvements and management of Hyper-V are so much better now. I'm no MS fanboy, as previous versions of Hyper-V have been horrible but now they seemed to have cracked it.
The killer features for me are free, out of the box, failover and replication between Hyper-V servers. Basic management is OK but in order to handle the replication and failover functions you need to run the Hyper-V manager from either a Windows 8 PC or Windows Server 2012 desktop.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/hyper-v-server/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment